- 1 Package of Italian Sausage (we like HOT)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes (high quality, either San Marzano or Muir Glen)
- 1/4 cup chiffonaded* fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 box of Spaghetti
* if fresh is NOT available, you can substitute w/ 1 Tablespoon of dried basil...
In a Crock Pot Add Crushed Tomatoes , add parsley, oregano, fennel, red pepper flakes, and salt.. Set to high.
In a skillet heat 1 tsp of olive oil and add sausages.... Brown... add Onion and Garlic till translucent and then incorporate everything in the skillet into the Crock pot...
Cook on Low for a few hours.. Taste for QC purposes and add salt and pepper to taste...
Make Spaghetti according to package directions once ready to eat..Sprinkle basil into sauce before serving.
Top with grated Parmesan.