- 1 Flank Steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 large onion, sliced in rings
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Ginger (minced)
- In a pan add the beef, along with the soy sauces, water and lemon juice. Bring to the boil and let it simmer for about 10-15 mins until the beef is tender. Taste the sauce. If it's too sour, add more soy sauce or if too salty, add more lemon juice. It should be a balance of sourness and saltiness.
- Once tender, remove the liquid to a bowl and leave aside. Let any remaining liquid in the pan evaporate off then add the oil. Gently fry the beef for a couple of minutes then add the remaining ingredients. Cook till the onions are translucent and still have a little crunch. Add back the liquid and let simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with steam rice.
** today, once the meat was browned, I added everything to the crock pot and cooked there (had to run a few errands and didn't want to babysit hehehehe) on low for 2 hrs... it was AWESOME....