- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter (NO substitutes)
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- your preferred Jam
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- Sift together flour and salt, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar unlit light and fluffy, add extracts.
- Slowly mix in flour.. 1/2 cup at a time until JUST blended.
- Chill dough for 1-2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Meanwhile shape dough into 1" balls and space them about 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Make deep thumbprints in the center of each ball and fill with preferred jam or filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are the color of pale sand.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool.
- Once cooled, dust cookies with confectioner's sugar.