- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
Preparation1. Combine first 9 ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup hoisin mixture; spoon remaining mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
2. Prepare grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
3. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with reserved 1/4 cup sauce.