- 5 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 envelopes (1/4 ounce each) rapid-rise yeast
- 4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Make the dough: In a food processor, pulse together flour, cornmeal, yeast, and salt. With processor running, add oil and then 2 cups cold water in a steady steam; process until dough just forms a ball.
- Turn out dough onto a floured work surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, 3 to 4 minutes. Place in a resealable plastic bag; let rise until doubled in bulk, 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator (let come to room temperature before proceeding, about 40 minutes).
- Divide dough into four equal portions; roll into balls, and cover with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap until puffed, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500° . Place each dough ball on a baking sheet; using your hands, gently flatten, and pull into 8-by-10-inch ovals. Top as desired.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and toppings are hot, rotating sheets halfway through, 10 to 12 minutes.