2 cups precooked yellow cornmeal (masarepa)
3 cups hot water (almost boiling)
1 tablespoon sazon goya with azafran (3 packets) (optional but soooo worth it )
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Measure the masarepa into a large bowl, add the sazon, and salt and mix well;
- add the water and mix to form a dough (it will be a little wet and rubbery); let stand while filling is prepared.
- Cook your Beef filling.
- Preheat Oven to 400〫
- Break off golf ball sized sections of dough (1.5 oz) and roll in your hands into a ball; place between plastic wrap and flatten with the heel of your palm into a 6 inch disc.
- Peel away plastic from top only and scoop plastic and disc into your palm; place a heaping tablespoon of filling in center then fold disc and pinch closed; slightly flatten to distribute filling.
- Bake on greased baking sheet 25-30 minutes at 400F. until lightly browned.