Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Basil Turkey Burger
You Will Need
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
12 ounces ground turkey
4 hamburger buns, split
4 lettuce leaves
1 large tomato, sliced
What to Do
1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon basil. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
2. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill.
3. In a bowl, combine the milk, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and remaining basil. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
4. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
5. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, and basil mayonnaise.