It's been difficult to find things I can eat after my surgery, but it hasn't been too too bad, since I don;t necessarily CRAVE anything. Except the other day, I had a craving for Tabouleh salad, and I FINALLY made it this morning. It is DELICIOUS, and I cant wait to eat it for lunch...
3 Tomatoes diced
1 Cup chopped green onion
3 Cup chopped parsley flat leaf
1 Cup yellow / red onion chopped
3 leaves fresh mint
1/4 Cup dry bulgar wheat
salt pepper to taste
juice of 2-3 limes
1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place the bulgar wheat and covered with hot water and put aside to soak (about 30min)
- In a bowl add lime juice and onions, and set aside
- In a seperate bowl finely chop all other inredients and olive oil
- Combine the chopped ingredients with the lime juice and onions
- Drain the bulgar wheat and combine with all the ingredients
- Let stand or refridgerate for 5 minutes to allow the wheat to absorb the juices.
- Serve with Lettuce (I like to make wraps), or over salad and enjoy.