- 1tsp spoon of olive oil
2 tsp spoons of flour
1cup of milk
1/4 cup of bread crumbs
5 oz of ham, cut into small pieces (or ground)
- Put the oil in a frying pan and warm it.
- Once the oil is warm (but before it is so hot that smoke rises from it) remove the pan from the heat and add the flour to the oil.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until it becomes a paste.
- Place the pan on the heat again and add the milk, little by little, stirring the mixture all the time until it is cooked and even.
- Add the nutmeg, a pinch of salt and the ham.
- Cook in the pan until the mixture is stiff, continuously stirring.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl and let it cool.
- Beat the egg.
- Once the mixture is cool, make small portions and mould them with your hands into the shape of a croqueta (oval).
- Dip each croqueta into the beaten egg and then dip it into the breadcrumbs.
- Place each croqueta separately on a plate.
- Fry the croquetas in a pan with enough oil to cover them until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve straight away.
Lisa C. . . . .