- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Dissolve corn starch in rice wine vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan combine remaining ingredients.
- Add corn starch and rice wine vinegar mixture and stir well.
- Heat mixture on low/medium heat, stirring often until sauce reaches a boil and thickens.
- Remove from heat, allow it to cool then cover it and chill it until ready to use.