5 Vine ripened Tomatoes
Sour dough bread
5 tbls Garlic flavored Olive Oil
1 lrg Can Crushed San Marzano Tomatoes
1cup Fresh Basil
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Quarter and remove the center from tomatoes.
- Place on baking sheet and drizzle with oil and salt and toss.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes till edges begin to caramelize.
- Cut up basil leaves.
- Coat a pan with olive oil and add Basil.
- Add can of tomatoes (I like to add a little water in the can to get ALL the tomato out).
- Let simmer.
- Meanwhile cut up or tear up the sour dough loaf (day out is best) into bite size pieces.
- Add the bread and roasted tomatoes into simmering soup.
- Let cook for a few more minutes to allow all flavors to marry, and enjoy.