Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Whole Citrus Vinaigrette
You Will Need
2 small oranges
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 cups pure olive oil
What to Do
1. Cut off and discard stem ends of 2 lemons and 1 orange. Cut into quarters, cut out core, and deseed. Place in blender.
2. Squeeze juice from remaining lemon and orange; add to blender with shallot, salt, and pepper.
3. Pulse, then blend, fruit until as smooth as possible.
4. With machine running, add olive oil in a thin, steady stream. Vinaigrette will be thick like mayonnaise; if too thick, with machine still on, thin with a little hot water. Taste for seasoning.
5. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. If vinaigrette separates, return it to blender and blend until smooth again.