- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large tart cooking apples cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace (can substitute ground nutmeg)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice and peel squash and apples.
- Put squash cubes in ungreased 7x11-inch baking dish.
- Place apples on top and then cranberries.
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar, and mace and sprinkle on top.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.