- 2 lbs of (fresh or frozen) green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the beans and transfer them to a large bowl of ice water, cooling them completely. (The ice water will shock the beans into a vibrant green color.)
- Drain the beans well. At this point you can make the beans a day ahead and store in refrigerator.
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Whisk in half of the fresh thyme (1 Tbsp), the Dijon mustard and garlic salt into the butter.
- Add the beans to the skillet and toss until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and the remaining 1 Tbsp of thyme.