6 slices bread moist with ½ cup hot milk
1/2 pound cured ham good for cooking
2 pounds ground pork (without fat)
1/4 cup chopped cilantrillo or cilantro
1/4 cup chopped culantro (or long-leaved flat Chinese parsley)
1 tablespoon chopped oregano
2 chopped tomatoes
1 green pimento, seeded and chopped
1 chopped red pimento
1 onion chopped
1 tablespoon drained cocktail capers
10 stuffed green onions, chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 can pimentos, drained and sliced.
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine yucca and bread.
- Sauté tbsp of Sofrito.
- Add the ham.
- Add the ground meat with a little bit of salt and pepper and sauté until it changes color.
- Add the cilantrillo, culantro, oregano, tomatoes, green and red pimento, the onion and capers.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain milk from the yucca/bread mixture and add the solids to the meat mixture.
- Cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and let cool slightly.
- Stuff and truss the turkey.
- Put the remaining stuffing in a greased baking pan and bake with the turkey, at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 more minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and keep covered until ready to serve with the turkey, which will take longer to cook.