- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 teaspoons shortening
Directions1. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Brush one side of each tortilla with melted butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Arrange half of the wedges in a single layer on a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (wedges will crisp upon standing).
2. Meanwhile, melt chocolate pieces and shortening in a small saucepan. Remove wedges from oven. Spread in an even layer on a serving platter; cool slightly. Drizzle with half of the melted chocolate mixture.
3. Arrange remaining wedges in a single layer on the same 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake as directed above. Spread in an even layer on a second serving platter; cool slightly. Drizzle with remaining melted chocolate mixture. Serve warm or cool. Makes 64 wedges.