- 2 cups washed raw cranberries
- 2 skinned and cored tart apples
- 1 large, whole (peel ON) seedless orange, cut into sections
- 1 to 2 cups granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you would like your relish to be)
- Set up the grinder with a medium-sized blade on the edge of a table with a large roasting pan or bowl to catch the mix as it grinds. These old fashioned grinders tend to leak some of the juice down the grinder base, so you may want to set up an additional pan on the floor under the grinder to catch the drips.
- If you don't have an old-fashioned grinder you can use a grinder attachment on a KitchenAid mixer, you can chop by hand (though that will take a lot of work), or you can chop in a food processor (be very careful not to over-pulse, or you'll end up with mush).
- Run fruit through a grinder. Use the entire (seedless) orange, peels, pith and all.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Let sit at room temperature until sugar dissolves, about 45 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator.