- 5 pounds chicken wings, separated at the joints, wing tips reserved for another use
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Asian Essence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup canned pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons diagonally sliced green onions, for garnish
DirectionsPreheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with 1-inch sides with aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, season the chicken wings with the Essence, salt and pepper, tossing to coat well. Spread the seasoned wings in the prepared roasting pan evenly and bake until browned, about 35 minutes.
While the wings are baking, in a large skillet, combine the remaining ingredients set over medium-high heat, except the sesame seeds and green onions. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid has reduced to a syrup, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm until ready to use.
Remove the wings from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
Place the wings in a large, heat-proof bowl. Drizzle half the prepared sauce over the wings, reserving the other half, tossing to coat well. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the wings and toss again. Place a wire cooling rack inside a large baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and arrange the coated wings on top of the rack. Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy.
Arrange the wings on a large serving platter and top with sliced green onions. Serve immediately with the remaining sauce passed on the side for dipping.