Monday, August 16, 2010
Orange Ginger Pork Chops
You Will Need
1 teaspoon ground ginger or 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup sherry
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
What to Do
1. In a saucepan, cook ginger and garlic in oil for 1 minute; remove from the heat.
2. Stir in the sherry, honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds, orange peel, and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Pour 1/2 cup into a small bowl; set aside.
3. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
5. Drain and discard marinade from the pork. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat 4 minutes.
6. Turn; baste with sauce. Grill 15 to 20 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting occasionally. Serve with any remaining sauce.