Saturday, August 14, 2010
Potabello Mushroom Burger
You Will Need
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
4 slices onion (1/4 inch thick)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
4 portobello mushroom caps
1 tablespoon honey
4 onion rolls, split
4 lettuce leaves
4 slices tomato
4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
What to Do
1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar; add onion slices. Seal bag and turn to coat; marinate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the garlic, basil and remaining oil. Brush over both sides of mushroom caps; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, bring honey and remaining vinegar to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
3. Drain and discard marinade from onions.
4. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill onions and mushrooms over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning frequently.
5. Serve on rolls with lettuce, tomato and mozzarella. Drizzle with reserved balsamic-honey sauce.